A return to Irpin
As you may remember, ECM has an associate in Ukraine that had to flee Irpin when the attacks on the city made it impossible to stay. We are grateful to report that S., a pastor and church planter, has been able to return to his home in Irpin. Read here what's happened upon his return.
Upon his return, S. and the church have gone back to serve others in the city, just as they were doing until the last possible moment before they were forced to evacuate. Now, they are serving as a volunteer hub working for the United Nations and other NGOs involved in the region. As such, they are distributing over 2000 food packages each day, and around 1000 people come to the church each day to collect those packages, charge their phones and get warm.
Thankfully, both S.'s house and the church building survived the bombings; however, many of the church members have seen their houses and possessions destroyed in the attacks. For the most part, there is no electricity in the area, but they have generators in the church to help them as they start to rebuild their lives in the injured city. Two main needs have been identified at the moment: perspex to replace blown out windows, and fuel. Our ECM team in Ukraine is sending them funding and resources from Lviv to restore the windows and help in their need. Thank you to all of you who help make this possible with your prayers and donations!
The help is not only practical, but spiritual as well. Over 100 people come each day to the church to pray, most of them non-Christian! Let us pray that God will come into their hearts and bring healing, comfort and salvation to many Ukrainians. The mayor of the city has contacted S. about planning an Easter service. Let us pray for that service, let it be a day of salvation in the city.
- 22/12/2022 22/12/2022, 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/2022 09/12/2022, 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/2022 01/12/2022, 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/2022 23/11/2022, 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/2022 15/11/2022, 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 11/11/2022, 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/2022 25/10/2022, 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/2022 18/10/2022, 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/2022 11/10/2022, 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/2022 22/09/2022, 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/2022 15/09/2022, 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/2022 08/09/2022, 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 05/09/2022 05/09/2022, 13:29 - Summer Camps in Romania
- 25/08/2022 25/08/2022, 09:44 - The first step of many
- 04/08/2022 04/08/2022, 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26/07/2022 26/07/2022, 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/2022 22/07/2022, 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/2022 21/07/2022, 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/2022 14/07/2022, 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 07/07/2022, 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/2022 01/07/2022, 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/2022 23/06/2022, 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 11/06/2022 11/06/2022, 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/2022 31/05/2022, 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/2022 27/05/2022, 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/2022 24/05/2022, 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/2022 18/05/2022, 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/2022 01/05/2022, 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/2022 26/04/2022, 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/2022 22/04/2022, 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/2022 12/04/2022, 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 02/04/2022 02/04/2022, 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/2022 28/03/2022, 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/2022 26/03/2022, 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/2022 23/03/2022, 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/2022 22/03/2022, 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/2022 21/03/2022, 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/2022 08/03/2022, 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/2022 24/02/2022, 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/2022 15/02/2022, 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?