Jim Memory appointed as the next Regional Director for Lausanne Europe
Over the past five years, ECM leader Jim Memory has been working with the Lausanne Movement. After consultation with the key Lausanne leaders, Jim has been appointed as the next Regional Director for Lausanne Europe, alongside Usha Reifsnider.
Over the past five years, ECM leader Jim Memory has been working with the Lausanne Movement as part of the Coordination Team of the Lausanne Europe 20/21 Conversation and Gathering. After consultation with the key Lausanne leaders, Jim has been appointed to be the next Regional Director for Lausanne Europe, alongside Usha Reifsnider, a British Gujarati woman who will serve as Co-Regional Director.
Christine and Jim will remain as members of ECM but Jim will be seconded for 50% of his time to Lausanne Europe. It will mean passing on some of his ECMI responsibilities, but Jim will continue to be part of the International Leadership Team and Christine will continue as leader of the Ministry Development Group.
"I am really excited to build a diverse team that can make the most of the outcomes of the LE20/21 Conversation and Gathering and explore new collaborative possibilities for evangelising Europe", says Jim. "Both ECM and Lausanne have collaboration as core values and I think this partnership will be of benefit to each other. As we consider how to increase the number of first-culture and diaspora workers in ECM, platforms like Lausanne are essential so we can both learn and share our knowledge with others.”
“This is a very exciting opportunity for Jim,” Simon Marshall comments, “and I am looking forward to seeing what effect his leadership in the European Lausanne movement will have over the coming years. This is also, I believe, a positive move for ECM as we seek to develop and build upon partnerships throughout Europe. Please join with me in praying for Jim and Christine as they step into this new role over the coming months.”
Read the full Lausanne Press Release.
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!