With small acts of love
Alen and Lila Kercmar, ECMers in Slovenia, share with us how they and their church have been ministering to Ukrainians. Indeed, even the small acts of love are powerful in God's hands.
"The Lutheran church in Murska Sobota, Slovenia, where we are part of the leadership team, responded to the Ukrainian crisis in a number of different ways. The children in Sunday school collected clothes and toys for children and attached encouraging notes to them. The church as a whole gathered food products, clothes for adults and hygiene items.
Our church also organised a charity concert played by our worship band. Our minister (who is also a bishop of Slovenian Lutheran church) and ECMer Alen Kercmar both gave a short message on the importance of the cross and the resurrection. The place was packed with over 300 people from different walks of life and social contexts. The concert left a big impact on a local community.
The funds raised are being used for the integration of Ukrainian families in our region. Around 50 Ukrainian families came to the church service, with special workshops and Sunday school for children. The rest of the day we went for a trip with lots of fun activities for the families. With these small acts of love we want our Ukrainian friends to feel welcome in our midst, even though the ideal for them would be to return to their home land.
In the following months we hope to have summer camps with the Ukrainian children to encourage them and show them the love of the Lord in practice."
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!