Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
That week, I found myseld practising very much the virtue of listening. I wish you could listen the heartbreaking stories of Ukrainian refugees and, at the same time, the wonderful testimonies of God’s love, protection and provision.
I want to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for your effort in helping and serving to many Ukrainians who have to leave their homes and come to Europe because of war.
Especially thank you for your prayers and support of “Ukrainian Camp in Croatia” that took place August 28 –September 3, 2022 at the Croatian Baptist camp site on the island of Uglyan. Croatian Baptist Union graciously invited Ukrainians to relax, to recharge, to find new friends, and to enjoy the beautiful sea and nature.
During that week, my family had a privilege to serve to 85 adults and kids from Ukraine. It was such a blessing to meet new folks, and by the end of the week became great friends. Every day we had time to pray together and to share meals. That week, I found myseld practising very much the virtue of listening. Every morning I got up, looked at the mirror, and told myself: «Kostya, God gave you two ears and one mouth, so you need to listen twice as much as you speak”. Do know how hard it is for a preacher? ☺ I wish you could listen the heartbreaking stories of Ukrainian refugees and, at the same time, the wonderful testimonies of God’s love, protection and provision. Every evening we had time to worship, to study the Word of God and a special program for the kids. We all prayed for Ukraine, especially for the churches who are serving the refugees, and for the Ukrainian Christians who are in Europe, that in spite of the circumstances we will be faithful to the God’s call, and to His Great Commission.
Praise God, the weather and the sea was gorgeous during the whole week, no one was injured or get sick.
Thank you all for your prayers, support and participation in His Work around the Globe.
Kostya and Ira Bakanov
- 22/12/2022 22/12/2022, 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/2022 09/12/2022, 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/2022 01/12/2022, 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/2022 23/11/2022, 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/2022 15/11/2022, 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 11/11/2022, 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/2022 25/10/2022, 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/2022 18/10/2022, 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/2022 11/10/2022, 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/2022 22/09/2022, 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/2022 15/09/2022, 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/2022 08/09/2022, 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 05/09/2022 05/09/2022, 13:29 - Summer Camps in Romania
- 25/08/2022 25/08/2022, 09:44 - The first step of many
- 04/08/2022 04/08/2022, 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26/07/2022 26/07/2022, 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/2022 22/07/2022, 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/2022 21/07/2022, 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/2022 14/07/2022, 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 07/07/2022, 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/2022 01/07/2022, 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/2022 23/06/2022, 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 11/06/2022 11/06/2022, 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/2022 31/05/2022, 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/2022 27/05/2022, 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/2022 24/05/2022, 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/2022 18/05/2022, 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/2022 01/05/2022, 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/2022 26/04/2022, 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/2022 22/04/2022, 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/2022 12/04/2022, 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 02/04/2022 02/04/2022, 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/2022 28/03/2022, 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/2022 26/03/2022, 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/2022 23/03/2022, 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/2022 22/03/2022, 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/2022 21/03/2022, 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/2022 08/03/2022, 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/2022 24/02/2022, 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/2022 15/02/2022, 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?