Life in Ukraine
"This is the reality of our life in Ukraine today. Every numeral above is someone's life and a reason for us to thank every person, every church, and organization that remembers us and continues to pray and support our team, ministry, and nation."
Read below as our field leader in Ukraine shares with us a reflection on life in Ukraine since the war.
"It has been 106 days since the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 106 days of horror. 106 days of perseverance. A hundred and six days of a completely different life for all of us.
Russians have occupied about 20% of the territory of Ukraine since the war started. For you to compare, it's like the territories of countries like Luxemburg, Belgium, and Netherland would have been taken over together. 2 478 missiles they sent to Ukraine mostly hit the civilian infrastructure.
According to authorities, over 1123 schools, 621 kindergartens, 643 hospitals, 23 800 km of roads, and 300 bridges have been destroyed. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes and have nowhere to return. 4149 Ukrainian civilians were killed, including 267 children, and more than 460 children were injured.
6,8 million people left Ukraine to escape danger. Another 2.5 million are internally displaced people. Every day from 60 to 100 soldiers - defenders of Ukraine - died at the front line.
This is the reality of our life in Ukraine today. Every numeral above is someone's life and a reason for us to thank every person, every church, and organization that remembers us and continues to pray and support our team, ministry, and nation."
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!