A minibus for Lviv
Back in March, our field leader in Ukraine talked to us about one of their main needs on the ground: to have a minibus to transport goods and refugees through the country and across the border. Read some of the stories the minibus has already written!
Back in March, our field leader in Ukraine talked to us about one of their main needs on the ground: to have a minibus to transport goods and refugees through the country and across the border. It took a while to arrange all the details but finally, in April the minibus arrived in Ukraine. Friends and ECMers in Germany helped not only to buy the minibus, but to fill it with much needed supplies, and even freshly baked muffins!
Read below some of the stories the minibus has already written!
"Friends, thanks to your generous donations, in cooperation with the ECMI Crisis Management team and a friend of our family from Germany, Rudolf, we purchased a 9-seat van to deliver people and goods.
Since it's arrived in Lviv, S., a senior member of our team, took a family of 9 who had stayed at the New Hope facility for more than five weeks to a village of Volytsia, his mother village, 60 km away from Lviv. A Christian family that owned the house had fled to a permanent living in Europe and wanted the place to be used by a refugee family in need for free. Isn't it a blessing for the Christian refugee family of nine from Bakhmut who have been dreaming of settling down in the Lviv area and having a land spot to work on it? Just look at the happy face of the smallest one in the family, Benjamin, who could hardly ever dream of having such a vehicle. God continues surprising us in many ways.
S. has taken several trips to take Bibles and people - including a family of an elderly pastor and a lady who had cancer to Germany and bring some humanitarian aid to Lviv - warm outerwear and power banks for volunteers and soldiers, clothes, and other supplies. Behind this, I can see the hard work of my S. driving back and forth, but above all, the generous hearts of every one of you, my friends, who've made these journeys and most of the work done by our team happen."
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!